0203 397 8891
Open today: 9:00am - 6:00pm
by Angie Newson
A Yoga and Pilates Expert
1. Ditch your chair and sit on a Swiss ball instead - strengthen your core while you toil.
2. Drink lots of water throughout the day for clear skin and flushing the digestive system.
3. Switch from coffee to green tea - lots of antioxidants
4. Forget the lift and take the stairs - two at a time to shape your legs and define your butt!
5. Give your eyes regular rests from the PC and do some shoulder rolls with closed eyes to relieve eye strain and soften the area around the neck.
6. Do a few standing Pilates roll downs if your back feels stiff to improve mobility. Feet hip-distance apart, nod the chin to chest and slow roll down sequentially through the spine and roll up again.
7. Don't telephone your work colleague when he's in the next office, get up and go to see him instead - move instead of sit. Or if you do have to use the telephone, then stand up.
8. Exercise your brain by binning the calculator for simple sums.
9. Don't get involved in office gossip - wastes time and energy.
10. Open a window for fresh air instead of using the air-con.
11. Take advantage of the office gym if there is one or a discounted gym membership if your company offers it, and workout at least 3 times a week.
12. Participate in the office yoga class or find a teacher and start your own group at lunchtime. Apart from improving physical flexibility and strength, it does the same for your mind.
13. Cycle or jog to work or get off a train/bus stop early and walk the rest of the way to improve your cardio fitness. Wear trainers on your journey and then change when there.
14. Eat healthily (organic if you can) and prepare your own lunch at home to bring with you. Eating for health is a natural and safe way to maintain your ideal weight and look good. Saves money too.
15. During lunchtime, find a peaceful place to sit for 10 minutes to focus on your breathing to bring you into the present moment. Sit instead of move.
16. If anxious about an important meeting coming up, find a quiet space and spend a few moments to become centred and then count to 10 before going in.
17. Learn to say no if you are being put upon - become more aware of your own and other people's boundaries.
18. Become aware of what you are really feeling in your body to help enhance intuition and make the right decisions.
19. Read about different types of personalities in the workplace and learn better how to deal them.
20. Go on training courses - learn, grow and move onward and upward.
21. Respect your own down time as well as others.
22. Turn off your email alert on your mobile when you leave work - remember the days when we left work and work was really left behind as we couldn't be contacted!
23. Get into the habit of only checking email twice a day - leave an automatic reply to say this is being done but they can call you if it's urgent - most things aren't.
24. Become involved in office games - the sporty variety. Join the football team, play netball or go bowling. Socialising with like-minded positive people immediately lifts your spirits.
25. Are you really doing the job you love? Know/feel the difference - if you are loving what you are doing it never feels like a hard slog. But if it does, ditch the excuses and work out an exit scheme now!